Another great and traditional German Christmas cookie recipe from www.MyBestGermanRecipes.com: Vanilla Cones or Vanillekipferl in German. This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies.
They last for weeks when you keep them at a cool place. Happy Baking!
260 g flour
200 sweet butter
100 g sugar, 1 package vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker
100 g ground hazelnuts
– Mix all ingredients and knead them until you have a firm dough.
– Cover the dough with aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge for 1 hour.
– Take it out of the fridge and divide the dough in multiple rolls of 1 inch diameter.
– Cut of little pieces of each roll and roll them by hand into a U-shaped form.
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Place the cones on a baking tray (laid out with parchment paper or buttered) and bake them for about 15 minutes.
– Take them out and dust them warm with powdered sugar.
Don’t make them too big. Less dough, the better they will be, this is the rule!