Fall and winter are the times for soups and especially soups made out of pumpkin. This unusual pumpkin recipe is a combination of pumpkin, potatoes, rice and spinach, topped by Italian Parmesano cheese. Enjoy! Find more yummy German recipes on Gabriele’s blog www.mybestgermanrecipes.com
4 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
500 g pumpkin meat
2 medium sized potatoes
125 ml milk
1 l vegetable broth
100 g fresh spinach leaves
150 g rice
4 tbsp parmesan cheese
How you’ll make it
– Boil rice.
– Chop onions fine; cup pumpkin meat into cubes.
– Peel potatoes and cut into cubes.
– Fry onions and pumpkin in olive oil, add potatoes.
– Add milk and broth, bring to a boil, then let it boil on low heat until pumkin meat is soft. �
– Add spinach, let it boil for another 2 minutes on low heat.
– Puree the soup through a sieve or with a mixer.
– Then mix the soup with the rice and bring it to aboil; if the soup is too thick add more broth.
– Spice with salt and pepper, serve with the Parmesano cheese.