Are you looking for a traditional German cake for Easter? The Easter lamb cake is very traditional. You would just need a lamb form to make this nice traditional cake.
125 g Butter
100 g honey
1 point of a knife vanilla
125 g ground hazelnuts
200 g flour
½ package Dr. Oetker baking powder
125 ml milk
1 tbsp baking rum (optional)
– Beat butter, honey and eggs until foamy, add vanilla and grated hazelnuts, flour with baking powder, milk and rum.
– Take baking form apart; butter the form with a baking brush very thoroughly (use butter or oil); put it back together and layer it with bread crumbs.
– Fill in the dough but don’t fill it completely otherwise it might overflow in the baking process.
– Bake on lowest level for 1 hour at 175 degrees C or 347 F; put a sheet of aluminum foil on top after 30 minutes.
– Dust it with powdered sugar and decorate it with Easter eggs.
Happy Easter from www.MyBestGermanRecipes.com