German filled pancakes are a classic German dish that can be varied in many ways. This recipe is with a mushroom-onion filling. But you can use some ham or zucchini, ground meat or green and red pepper. If you like enjoy it without the filling and add some maple syrup, jam or a cinnamon-sugar mix. Happy Cooking! Find great German recipes on www.mybestgermanrecipes.com
Ingredients German Filled Pancakes
250 g flour
1 tbsp salt
400 ml milk
butter, oil to bake them
Cooking Instructions German Filled Pancakes
– Sieve flour into a bowl, add salt, milk, eggs and mix well.
– heat enough butter in a skillet and pour some batter into it, pancakes should be thin, so don’t use too much batter.
– fry on each side.
– take aside in the warm oven.
Mushroom Onion Filling
– heat butter in a skillet.
– slice mushrooms, chop onions and parsley; add to skillet and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
– Spice with black pepper and salt.
– add 1 tbsp creme fraiche (optional)
Place the filling on each pancake and roll them, serve right away.