Gabriele Utz, publisher of MyBestGermanRecipes.com, tells us how to make this all-time favorite coffee cake:
3 medium size ripe bananas (or 4 smaller ones)
100 g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar Dr. Oetker
114 g butter (1 stick)
200 g flour
pinch salt, 1 tbsp baking powder (Dr. Oetker)
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp organic raisins (not sulfured)
– Mix sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs.
– In a separate bowl mix flour with baking powder.
– Peel bananas, slice and mash them in a separate bowl; add yoghurt, mix it.
– Add flour to the egg mix, stir well, then add bananas.
– Add cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins, mix well.
– Grease a loaf form with butter then add the dough.
– Bake for 60 minutes in pre-heated oven on 350 F, then let it cool off for 10 minutes before placing it on a baking grid.
More recipes at www.MyBestGermanRecipes.com