The DANK Haus welcomes toddlers, kids, teens and adults with all German language levels to maintain, learn or improve their German language skills and make multicultural friends in a German speaking environment while experiencing German Gemütlichkeit.
The mission of the DANK Haus language school is to preserve, maintain and promote German language, culture and heritage. Our language students graduate with pride and passion for German language and achieve a high level of German proficiency to advance in high school, college, careers and other life endeavors. We provide students with plentiful opportunities to explore the richness of German culture and heritage inside and outside of the classroom so they flourish within the multicultural context of the United States.
The DANK Haus language school will offer a high quality educational experience that results in a high level of proficiency in German. Our learner-centered curriculum paired with qualified and dedicated teachers will result in fun, yet stimulating and challenging lessons. Students will receive individualized instructions with a variety of educational tools to promote optimal German language learning. The language school will provide opportunities for students to interact with each other and form lifelong friendships while utilizing the invaluable resources of the DANK Haus to provide heritage and cultural understanding of Germany and German-Americans.
WHY LEARN GERMAN?
- Learning German at an early age fosters intellectual growth and reasoning skills, creates an awareness of other cultures and languages, and improves an understanding of one’s native language.
- German is the most widely spoken language of the EU – with 90 million people speaking German as their first language.
- Germany is one of four primary trading partners of the United States, which has the largest concentration of German speakers outside of Europe.
- Knowledge of the German language and culture is personally rewarding and improves travel and employment opportunities.
- Preserving German culture and language enriches families and communities.
- Check out this VIDEO at See Chicago TV to see what classes at the DANK Haus are all about.
Location: DANK Haus German American Cultural Center, 4740 North Western Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625