Living in the U.S., planning to relocate to Germany or vice versa? Dual Citizen with ties to both countries and wanting to optimize your cross-border planning?
The GABA “Living a Double Life” event series will cover cross border business topics such as Tax Residency, Immigration, Income/Estate/Gift (Tax) Planning, Asset Ownership and Investing, Retirement and Public Entitlements (e.g. Renten- & Sozialversicherung – Social Security), Life & Health Insurance etc.
U.S. Residency/Business for German/EU Citizens – Inbound Session
(includes German U.S. Residents relocating back to Germany)
Asset Ownership, Income, Estate-, Gift Taxes-Implications, Planning & Procedures
Content will include:
- Tax residence under US and German rules, including income tax and estate/inheritance/gift tax
- Structure and effects of the U.S//German Tax Treaties
- Special rules for individuals moving from Germany to the U.S.
- U.S. taxation of non-resident taxpayers
- US taxpayers with German employment income and effects of the Income Tax Treaty, pension plans and stock options, as well as Social Security issues
- Cross-border estate planning, including U.S. wills for German assets, German treatment of trusts, use of LLC’s and German probate procedures
Holland & Knight LLP
Heuking Kuhn Luer Wojtek
Director, Regional Chair
“Living a Double Life” is a series of cross-border seminars organized by GABA Southern California for U.S. and German citizens/residents living in one country with business and/or personal interests in the other. If you are interested in sponsoring events in the “Living a Dual Life” series, please contact: email@example.com
FREE for Members, $10 Non-Members
For more information and registration click here >>