As the COVID-19 pandemic stretches into 2021 and vaccination campaigns are underway, GABA of Southern California likes to discuss with you what lies ahead with leading experts from industry and academia, the US and Germany. While science has amassed a truly amazing and unprecedented amount of knowledge about SARS-CoV2 and the biotech industry has produced first vaccines in record time, many questions remain:
- How and when will vaccinations bring us back to normal? What are the greatest (remaining) challenges in vaccine distribution & development?
- What questions do still need to be answered about the vaccines?
- What industry bottlenecks should we expect?
- How to choose between the many vaccines in development?
- Why can we quickly produce billions of vaccine doses, but still struggle to provide a sufficient number of COVID tests?
- Can SARS-CoV2 change and evade vaccination efforts?
- What are the current best therapies and prospects for those who contract the virus? What have we learned for the next pandemic?
To broaden the public understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccination efforts, this GABA event aims to shine light on these questions and offer an opportunity for an open public discussion.
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, Professor, Department of Medicine, UCSF
Executive Vice President Process Solutions, MilliporeSigma
Antony BlancChief Business Officer and Chief Commercial Officer CureVac
Head of Strategy, Performance and TransformationGavi, the Vaccine Alliance (Geneva, Switzerland)
Moderator: Jan Hartmann, Head of Medical Affairs, Clinical Development & Medical Safety Haemonetics
This virtural event takes place on February 4, 2021 at 10 AM PST and is organized by GABA Southern California in cooperation with the German-American Business Council Boston and the Consulates General of Germany in Boston and San Francisco.
For more information and registration click here >>