If you love the German Black Forest cake you will love these Black Forest Muffins filled with cherries. It’s the alternative for a cake, and they are very easy to make. The usage of the German Kirschwasser or -schnaps is optional, alternatively add some rum flavor. Enjoy with a cup of German coffee. Happy Baking!
Ingredients Black Forest Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
100 g butter
50 g bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
130 g sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 dash salt
180 g flour
3 tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
100 ml milk
½ jar sour cherries – about 300 g
2 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp Kirschwasser (schnaps), optional – or rum flavor
400 ml heavy cream
1 package whip it, optional
1 package vanilla sugar
2 tbsp grated chocolate
12 muffin paper forms
Baking Instructions Black Forest Muffins
Make Base Cake for Muffins
– Pre-heat oven 180 C / 360 F.
– Place paper forms into a muffin tray.
– Using double boiler method melt butter together with chopped chocolate.
– Set aside and let cool off a bit.
– Add sugar to the chocolate cream, beat until bubbly, then add eggs one after the other.
– Combine flour with salt, baking powder and cocoa.
– Sieve to the chocolate cream, add milk, mix with a spatula.
– Pour dough into muffin forms and bake for 20 min.
– Let them cool off.
– With a apple core remover (for example) or a teaspoon cut a wedge out of the muffin’s middle. Here you will add the cherry filling, so it should be big enough.
Enjoy! Guten Appetit! Find more yummy German recipes on Gabriele’s blog www.mybestgermanrecipes.com