The all new “Jurassic World – The Ride” awaits you this summer – Californian residents save big with the 2019 Season Pass for $149
In March 2019, our staff writer Alexandra Schinko took her family and a friend to Universal Studios for her son’s 10th birthday. Although it was drizzling the whole day, they managed to get on all the rides and checked every single attraction. Here is Alexandra’s take on how to best enjoy a super popular theme park like Universal Studios in Hollywood:
My son and his friend are huge Harry Potter fans, so we spent a lot of our morning at
“The Wizarding World of Harry Potter ™.” Everything is so amazingly well staged so that you feel transported into a different world. Next, we enjoyed “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™” which we rode 5 times! If you are a Harry Potter fan, make sure to arrive early and start with the Harry Potter rides. Lines will be insane later.
If you are looking for something especially enjoyable for smaller children, choose the “Super Silly Fun Land” where even older children have fun on the “Silly Swirly Fun Ride”. You get to sit in little funny bug carts going in circles which can be elevated for a nice view.
A must is, of course, “Despicable Me – Minion Mayhem,” and “The Simpsons – The Ride.” Whoever is in the mood for something darker should not miss “The Walking Dead” – a walk-through-attraction. Happy times are guaranteed again with “Kung Fu Panda”, a movie show with motion simulation. My personal favorite was the “Special Effects Show.” We all were amazed to see what is going on behind the scene of a movie production.
Our last stop was the studio tour which is a great way to end the day at Universal Studios while resting your tired feet. Especially, the “King Kong 3D Show” took our breath away. It made you feel as if you were actually in the middle of a fight between King Kong and a T-Rex.
And since we bought a 2019 Season Pass for $149 per person (valid until Dec 13, 2019), we will certainly be back soon when the much anticipated “Jurassic Park – The Ride” will open this summer. Check www.universalstudioshollywood.com for opening date.
How to make the best of your day at Universal Studio
- Before you go, check www.universalstudioshollywood.com for current promotions and specials. Especially California residents can get special day or annual passes, like the 2019 Season Pass for $149 pp which grants admission on 175 days in 2019! Considering a single admission costs $99 – $129 pp, this is a steal!
- Reconsider taking a backpack. They are not allowed on some rides and need to be put in a locker next to the ride, which can be quite a hassle.
- Check out the schedule of the three shows “WaterWorld,” “Special Effects Show,” and “Animal Show” upon arrival in order to plan your day. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the show in order to get a good seat.
- Arrive early and head over to all Harry Potter rides first; later the lines tend to get very long
- Next, choose the attractions on the lower level like “Transformers- The Ride” and “Revenge of the Mummy.” Despite the escalators, it takes some time to get there and those rides can get crowded.
- Consider the “Tree Broomsticks™ for lunch. 3 kids can easily share the “Chicken and Ribs Platter.” Trying the “Butterbeer” is a Must!
- For a sweet treat try “Lard Lad Donuts.” These huge donuts also serve perfectly as an impromptu birthday cake!
For more information visit www.universalstudioshollywood.com
All photos: Courtesy of NBC/Universal unless credited otherwise.