In partnership with the German American Heritage Center, the Downtown Davenport Partnership is excited to host the 2nd Annual German Fest in Kaiserslautern Square (K-Square) which provides a perfect venue for an outdoor event in the heart of downtown Davenport. This free event is a great way to celebrate the rich German culture in the Quad Cities while having fun in our community. It features a variety of traditional Octoberfest activities including music, food, games and beer.
German Fest on Saturday, October 21, 2023, from 12–8 p.m. at K-Square 119 E. 3rd St., Davenport, IA.
- Hammerschlagen – A game in which participants compete against each other to drive nails into a wooden stump one hit at a time
- Stein Holding Contest – A game in which participants try to hold up a full mug of beer for as long as they can
- Inflatable Axe Throwing
- Bounce House for kids
Food & Drink:
- Tiphanie’s is serving up their signature menu item “Fo Shizzle, My Schnitzel”
- Rob Smokin J’s is serving brats and burgers with a sauerkraut topping option
- The German American Heritage Center will be selling alcoholic beverages
A special thank you to our sponsors, as we couldn’t put on this event without them!
Bronze Sponsors: Davenport Printing, United Insurance Counselors
For more information and tickets please click here